Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Things will change

So, after changing my strategy, I have seen a ton of action.  If you consider answering about 20 auditions as "action."  Getting the auditions is great, and I was completely stoked when they started rolling in.  The problem?

They were rolling in for everyone else on the paysites as well.

Hey, I'm just trying to get my feet back under me after a long layoff from this business.  25 years ago, this is all I wanted to do, but I gave up after hitting roadblock after roadblock (read: nepotism).  Unfortunately now, about 2500x more people are either in the voiceover business or getting in now.  They're all on these sites.  I need a way in that is less crowded and allows me to stand out. My search continues.

In the meantime, I continue to plug along with auditions in hopes of landing a gig.  I may get more training, I may just train myself (I am my own worst critic. . .besides my wife. . .she's brutal).  I'm definitely going to give audiobooks a shot; keep trying telephone messages; get on a podcast, and keep on pushing my voice "out there."

Find me on Voice123.

No comments:

Post a Comment